The English Language (EL) Program Manager is a member of the senior staff at AMIDEAST Morocco and is responsible for managing the English Language Department portfolio, which includes English language training programs (public classes and contract programs), test preparation courses for standardized tests (TOEFL, TOEIC, SAT, GMAT and GRE). The EL Program Manager supervises full-time program staff, part-time teachers, consultants, and interns involved in the implementation of programs under the umbrella of the English Language Department in Rabat and Casablanca.
The EL Program Manager reports to the AMIDEAST Director of Programs, and coordinates EL Program portfolio activities with other departments, as well as AMIDEAST’s Regional Director of English Language Programs. The EL Program Manager will work closely with marketing and sales staff to develop strategies for growing enrollments and developing/adapting programs to meet the needs of existing and new clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
Tasks and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following :
– Ensuring English language (EL) program quality in planning, design/development, implementation, and evaluation. This includes continuity of program delivery between the Rabat and Casa offices.
– Developing EL strategic plans based on emerging markets and new opportunities, and including quarterly and annual targets.
– Developing marketing strategies, proposals, and budgets contributing to the expansion of the AMIDEAST EL program portfolio.
– Collaborating closely with other departments (including marketing & sales and the social media assistant) to promote EL products and services individually and as part of integrated solutions; participating in client meetings as needed.
– Analysing existing and potential competition and integrating findings in the planning of new or expanded EL services.
– Preparing price proposals for individual clients and ensuring growth in corporate EL sales and services.
Leading the EL team in the creation of new course offerings based on customer demand.
– Managing the delivery of the Professional Certificate of English Language Teaching (PCELT) in association with specific grant programs or on a commercial basis.
– Ensuring monitoring and evaluation systems are used for quality assurance and program improvement.
– Assessing and improving systems for program and student tracking, retention and monitoring.
– Ensuring end-of-course feedback surveys are implemented to measure student satisfaction and top level summaries are shared, discussed and inform changes in program delivery if necessary.
– Collaborating closely with the testing services team in incorporating appropriate tests into EL proposals and programs.
– Recruiting, supervising and mentoring department staff and teachers.
– Overseeing the work of the part-time Lead Teachers in both Rabat and Casa with respect to teacher performance and administrative support.
– Strengthening EL staff capacity by planning needs-based professional development.
– Participating in annual planning and budgeting processes.
– Preparing reports on EL program activities, as required.
– Participating in regular webinars organized by the Regional Director of English Language Programs.
1- Professional Qualifications
– Master’s degree or the equivalent in a relevant field; TESOL/TEFL certification or degree (must be at least 100 hours and include practice teaching)
– A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in program management, EL program coordination, marketing, and/or customer relations
– A minimum of five years of experience in English language teaching, teacher training, and curriculum development
– Strong business development skills, including budgeting, technical proposal development, and proposal writing
– Extensive knowledge of current trends in ESL/EFL and ESP
– Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation processes as part of program management
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Native or near-native fluency in English; Excellent Arabic and/or French proficiency
– Knowledge of the local business and ELT communities
– High-level proficiency in office productivity tools, including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
– E-learning experience strongly preferred
2- Personal Qualities
– Entrepreneurial mind set
– Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
– Leadership skills to manage team and resources
– Ability to manage, coach, and develop staff
– Strategic thinker and problem solver
– All applicants are requested to send a cover letter and CV to: [email protected]
No phone calls please. The deadline for applications is October 1, 2018.